UNION PROOF CERTIFICATION
Once upon a time, staying union-free was reactionary, and defensive. It involved a lot of negativity. Companies relied on heavy-handed tactics to keep organizers from gaining a foothold. And as long as the company offered a decent living wage, they intentionally avoided the need to even say the word union, lest they plant ideas in the heads of their workers.
Those days are long gone.
Today, businesses are forced to navigate new rules, laws and regulations every year, just to keep ahead of labor requirements, and needless to say...
...they can't do it alone.
Today, companies need skilled labor relations professionals who are able to:
- Leverage knowledge of the culture of organized labor to predict what they might do next...
- Architect proactive and campaign strategies that can be called upon to address issues…
- Understand how unions operate: their finances, their constitutions, and what those standard operating procedures can do to the company
- Build and grow company advocates… without resorting to unethical tactics...
- Stay on top of the latest developments in labor relations in order to know how - and when - to react
- Track and measure the vulnerability risk of unionization on an ongoing basis
- Establish an employees first labor communication strategy that enhances the employer brand and helps recruit and retain the best talent...
And by the end of this class, you'll possess all of these skills, and so much more...
Become the Most Trusted Labor Relations Professional in the Room by mastering the 6 Critical Core Disciplines of Union Proofing...
...then, combine these skills to become a Certified Union Proof Professional
You’ll get started by creating your UnionProof Certification binder. This robust reference will serve as your central location for all your lessons, and once you complete your Certification, as your go-to guide on keeping your company Union Proof.
Each UnionProof Certification session is 10-15 minutes long, taught by your UnionProof instructor in a powerful, concise and memorable style.
Your in-depth session's homework will help make what you’re learning relevant and applicable to the specific and unique needs of your company. Each of the 24 beautiful, full-color activities is delivered via PDF for download, printing and placement in your UnionProof Certification binder.
Dig deeper into any topic you like with tons of additional resources. These sections are regularly updated to include the latest labor updates and includes articles, links, downloads, videos and more!
Get insight and knowledge from our CEO Walter Orechwa, who provides you with his suggested reading from a wide variety of sources to complement the session’s topic. The depth and breadth of Walter’s knowledge will help make you the most trusted labor relations professional in the room!
After completing your session's lesson, you’ll have the opportunity to check your knowledge with a 10-question quiz. See how you fare and download the answer key to include in your Binder- two questions from each session's quiz will show up again on the final certification exam for the coveted Certified UnionProof Professional designation!
For 24 sessions you will master a new Union Proofing topic. Along the way you'll watch the lesson, complete the homework, review additional materials and videos and take a quiz after successful completion of each session. Here's how each session will break down...
Most businesses have some understanding of the challenges unionization can bring, but very few have insight into how intentionally remaining union free positively impacts the company. That's where you come in. In these sessions, you'll gain specific tools to help your company focus on becoming union proof while simultaneously reducing overall risk of third-party involvement in the business.
Intimate knowledge of how organized labor operates isn't an "optional extra" to be gained on the fly... it's an essential aspect of any labor relations professional's ability to create a truly Union Proof Company. In this unit, you'll get our exclusive insight into the nature of the business of unions, including a deep dive into their finances and constitutions, and how easy it is for union leaders to become corrupt. Plus, you'll gain an insider's perspective on the National Labor Relations Board.
Companies today must have strategic plans that address the very real possibility of organizing activity if they truly want to create a Union Proof culture. In this unit, you’ll learn the three ways a union can get into a company. Plus, you’ll gain the skills you need to help the company recognize organizing (even in its most subtle forms), take action through excellent communication, and how to avoid even the possibility of legal issues… without breaking the bank.
Staying union-free is optimal, but sometimes challenges do lead to unionization. In this unit, you’ll gain a solid foundation and understanding of the unique nature of a unionized workforce. You’ll learn what really happens at the bargaining table, and understand the ways in which managing in a union environment can challenge your company’s culture. By the time you finish this unit, you’ll be able to effectively answer questions about what unionization is like, while simultaneously avoiding it at your company.
Thanks to an ever-changing political landscape, organized labor has successfully altered the way workers receive information on unionization, and most importantly, they have limited the way companies are able to communicate on this topic. Union Proof companies must learn to adapt to these changes and put plans in place to educate, engage, and listen to employees. In this unit, you’ll learn the importance of assessing your company’s vulnerability to organizing, and how to set the expectations for a Union Proof culture that will resonate throughout the company. You’ll also gain practical proactive and preventive tools that work TODAY and will continue to work TOMORROW.
- If you are a labor relations professional looking to get an edge in an increasingly crowded marketplace...then yes.
- If you are a traditional human resources professional looking to get up-to-speed on labor relations...then yes.
- If you are a leader of a human resources or labor relations team, looking for strategies to build a Union Proof culture without spending a fortune...then yes.
- If you are a business owner looking to stay union-free for the long-term...then yes.
- If you are a crazy-busy C-Suite executive or business owner who barely has time to answer email...then NO! (But you should have someone on your team get certified because surrounding yourself with people smarter than you makes you smarter than everyone!)
Earn 24 SHRM PDCs!
Earn 24 HRCI Recertification Credit Hours!
All 24 Union Proof Certification videos
Your Union Proof Binder Printable Inserts
Your Union Proof Certification Printable exercises and activities
An amazing wealth of knowledge from labor industry experts